The Thai Kick has a few important details to observe:
- Step on a 45 degree angle to avoid any potential punches and to increase power
- Come up off of the heel of the non kicking, post leg and allow your foot to pivot. Do not turn your foot. The rotation of your hips should drive the pivot of the post foot.
- Keep the knee of the posted leg slightly bent
- Use your shin as the primary striking instrument
- Keep the knee of the kicking leg slightly bent to allow you to put your body weight into your opponent
- Hand on the side of the non kicking leg should be on your temple
- Hand on the side of the kicking leg should be in the face of your opponent with the same side shoulder covering your jaw
- Breathe and exhale while kicking
Ask questions, discuss ideas and experiences in the forum here.